ICNA Relief Canada is a department of ICNA Canada, working in the field of community and social development.
Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) is a registered Canadian charity working for the welfare of the community since 1970. It is a grass-roots and well reputed organization in the community. ICNA Relief Canada - as a Muslim charity - always tries to respond and reach out to the victims of natural disasters. It has many rehabilitation projects at home and abroad.
ICNA Relief Canada works as a Leader in Empowering lives, creating opportunities and strengthening the bond of humanity.
We are committed to serve humanity by integrating resources for people in need. We strive to provide immediate response in times of disasters, and have effective programs in placec of suffering, for the pleasure of Allah.
WHO WE ARE
ICNA Relief Canada is a global humanitarian relief and development organization responding to human suffering in emergency and disaster situations around the world. In addition to our emergency relief efforts in natural or man-made disasters, we also work on long term relief and development programs.
WHO WE SERVE
ICNA Relief was established to fulfill our responsibility towards humanity regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, class, location, religion, color, cultural diversity and social background, with a special focus in countries where the majority of the population lives below the poverty line.
WHERE WE SERVE
ICNA Relief works globally with special focus in countries where the majority of the population is living below the poverty line. Our partners range from small community support groups to national alliances and international relief organizations.
Our programs and projects are mainly funded by individual donors like you; in addition to the generous support and cooperation from community organizations and Islamic Centres.
- Mutual Respect: Recognize the innate worth of all people and the value of diversity
- Equity and Justice: Work to ensure equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of race, gender, color, class, ethnicity, disability and location
- Care for All: Provide care for vulnerable groups; orphans, widows and elderly people
- Honesty and Transparency: Being accountable at all levels for the effectiveness of our actions and open in our judgments and communications with others.
- Self Respect: To help the poor without humiliating.
- Solidarity with the Poor: Powerless and excluded will be the only bias in our commitment to the fight against poverty.
OUR STRATEGIC GOALS
- Goal 1: Gain financial sustainability and donors' satisfaction and trust.
- Goal 2: Effectively utilize the means of mass communication.
- Goal 3: Assist and empower the people in need.
- Goal 4: Develop highly responsive and professional leadership, staff,
- Goal 5: Develop effective disaster and emergency response.
OUR DOMESTIC PROJECTS:
- Muslim Family Services (MFS)
- Inmates Welfare Program (IWP)
- Food for Homeless and Needy (FHN)
- Food Banks
- Emergency Relief and Financial Help (ER)
- Kids Care Services (KCS)
- Youth Leadership and Development Program: (YLDP)
- Working together program (WTP)
- NEW: Seniors' Programs
- NEW: Matrimonial Services
- NEW: Funeral Support Fund
- NEW: Foster Parenting